So our initial research proposal is due next week and I have so very much to do. I loved the snow last week but it really threw off my focus on absolutely EVERYTHING and I am now struggling for some composure and direction. The dissertation presentation did give me an idea of where I should possibly direct my energy and research. So, Bonnaroo and sustainability...mainly focusing on environmental impacts with some economic and social thrown in the mix because they are in direct correlation to the big picture.

Question though...is it okay to create a dissertation that is more focused on reporting and more or less proving a point than constantly questioning a theory? The research that I've found thus far about Bonnaroo and it's sustainability efforts are definitely leaning in my favor and initial thoughts on the whole subject (keep in mind...thus far!). However, I still have much to learn and far to go so who knows where I'll end up with this in the end! Especially considering most of the research I've come across has been done BY or FOR the Bonnaroo Festival, which I would imagine is quite biased and going to put them in a positive light. I'm also looking into other similar festivals and pitting them against each other in comparisons.

I guess it's time to put my research cap back on...wish me Luck!