So we have just one day of class left and one assignment to go, then our first term of this masters is done and finished. It's hard to believe how quickly the time has flown by, how much we have accomplished, and terrifying how mini nervous breakdowns I have suffered! Yet we have all survived (thus far) and I for one, have grown both personally and academically more than I would have ever imagined. I have learned the hard way that I am seriously lacking some sort of a time management gene, my brain doesn't understand the world of finance, and I can be distracted by just about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. However, I have also learned the many strengths that I possess and how they will benefit me in my future career (and LIFE).

Since my last blog, I have tweaked my idea of a dissertation topic. It's still set in the South but I am considering looking into how mega events can affect small town America through the scope of the Bonaroo Festival held in Manchester, Tennessee. As I live just 20 minutes from this town, I have experienced first hand, many of the implications it has had within rural life. Here's a little rundown of what the festival is from the website, http://www.bonnaroo.com/:

The Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival is a four-day, multi-stage camping festival held on a beautiful 700-acre farm in Manchester, Tennessee every June. Bonnaroo brings together some of the best performers in rock and roll, along with dozens of artists in complementary styles such as jazz, Americana, hip-hop, electronica, and just about any contemporary music you can think of. In addition to dozens of epic performances, the festival's 100-acre entertainment village buzzes around the clock with attractions and activities including a classic arcade, on-site cinema, silent disco, comedy club, theater performers, a beer festival, and a music technology village. For its peaceful vibe, near-flawless logistics, and unrivaled entertainment options, Rolling Stone magazine named this revolutionary entertainment experience one of the 50 moments that changed the history of rock and roll.





I am still trying to narrow down the specifics of the research and any suggestions would be much appreciated! I think this topic definitely has potential and it would be relatively easy for me to get information about all of this since I know many people that work with the festival and in the area. Not to mention, I have many friends and past employers who have attended and worked closely with both the festival and the city of Manchester and surrounding areas. I will also be attending the event next June which would provide me the opportunity to do hands on research.

So that's my thinking of the moment and welcome any criticism, suggestions, praise, etc. Now back to wondering aimlessly in the world of finance and praying I survive this Investment proposal.

Bring on the Holidays!!